Saturday, June 18, 2016

This morning I woke up to the sound of David on the phone with Amazon talking about a problem with his Kindle Fire.  His voice was clear and articulate and he never once said, "Say again I didn't understand you."  So he is both hearing using the Bluetooth on his mobile phone and speaking without a lot of mucus and constriction.  Wow.  That is amazing, wonderful and made me very happy.  The issue about the Fire was not resolved and he terminated the call after almost one hour of increasingly loud conversation.  Those phone "help" folks are anything but.  He will call back this afternoon when he has more time.  History says that he will finally ask to speak with a supervisor and that person will quickly handle the issue and solve it.
 He was also dressed for the day, shaved and his hair was brushed.  What a surprise.  I am still going to do the driving today.  We are headed to the temple for 10:00 services and he can stay for Torah study if he likes.  Tomorrow he wants to go to Prince William Forrest to meet Fred and Allie, maybe try to walk a little with the walking stick and then go to the Dumfree's cafe for political conversation, so I will drive him there.  I think that driving is his next challenge and I will ask the Amy, the physical therapist, about it next week when she visits.
Yesterday the nurse was very pleased with is physical condition, no fluid in the lungs, BP and heart rate are great, not much swelling but still requires the dreaded compression stockings.  He gets a home nurse twice a week.  His weight seems to be creeping again but I will wait until Monday to see if the creep recedes or continues before calling Dr. Clemo, reporting it and then going back to 20 mg of LaSIX a day.
So we are poised for a nice weekend.  The weather is gorgeous and I hope to get out into Schrassic Park for some digging in the dirt.  Yesterday I had my first grape tomatoes ripen and ate 8 of them right off the vine - delicious.  The French Tarragon looks healthy and I want to use it in a potato dish tomorrow.  I think that there is enough basil for a good batch of pesto too.  And several colors of lilies are in bloom, white, yellow, red and verigated pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment