Tuesday, June 14, 2016

No walker; no cane

As you can see David is walking without assistance, most of the time.  He carries a cane and uses it when he gets tired.  He visited his primary care doctor yesterday and she indicated that blood thinners will not be forthcoming anytime soon and ordered lots of blood work.  Today the blood work came back with stable values but they are still not in the normal range for hemoglobin that remains 9.5.  His kidneys are no worse for the LaSIX.  She is titration get the LaSIX down.  Instead of 10 mg twice a day it is 10 mg. on alternate days with 20 mg. twice a day.  We will closely monitor his weight and he will continue with the home nurse twice a week and the physical therapist three times a week.  His exercises take about an hour each day.  He is getting back to his fighting strength and interested in being independently mobile.  Me too.  He must see the GI guy for an endoscopy and we'll arrange that appointment tomorrow morning before I leave for school.  Even if he is independently mobile, I want to be there to help with hearing all the pearls of wisdom from Dr. Lee.

Sleeping continues to be an issue and he wakes up to urinate and sometimes cannot go back to sleep.  He can watch TV in our bedroom with the old headphones that I hooked up to the new TV with an adapter and cord to an optical, digital output.  I did not figure this out myself but used Costco concierge services and they detailed it for me.  I think that his low hemoglobin eases him into maps during the day and lessens his need for a full 8 hours a night.  I am still in the guest room and am thinking this may last longer that I originally hoped.  At least I can get my 7 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment