Monday, March 13, 2017

Tv irritates David

Last night was restful.  David got up in the middle and took his thyroid meds but nothing else and I did the breakfast stuff with him.  We are going to try and go to Richmond later today to see an exhibit at the VMFA and then hit Trader Joes to replenish some stuff.  I cannot watch TV or David has a tantrum saying that everything is repeated and I play it over and over and over.  He ways that it is my memory that is bad.  Sigh.  I wish that he gardened or had something that required very little thinking.  I don't know what to do with him.  He sits on the couch and falls asleep then wakes up annoyed when the TV is on.  I can read.  I gave him some coffee to keep him awake during the day so that he might sleep better tonight.  Getting him out and walking around is his only interest.

Richard gave me some recommendations about meds for ITP  that I immediately researched for side effects and I think he hit upon a winner that was also studied by a doctor at UVA, the only local doctor who seems interested in non-malignant blood diseases.  She really likes the drug and found no mental incapacity, confusion or disorientation associated with use over 52 weeks.  The other side effects seem to be manageable.  The long term stuff is probably not relevant at his age as they tend to occur 15 - 10 years out.

Than and Katya took David for a mall walk at 2 yesterday and I took a nap.  Then we went shopping at the grocery store.

At least the weather is probably not going to be terrible.  While snow is still predicted for Monday night and Tuesday, the temperature will not drop below freezing and so the snow should land and melt rather than accumulate.  It messed up Jeff's flight and he will not get here until late Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment