Friday, March 17, 2017

Friday, Feeding tube change,

The new feeding strategy is a GJ tube, a combo gastric jejunum that allows meds to go into the stomach but the big volume of food and water to go directly into the intestine.  This procedure is scheduled for Monday at 10.  I will be unable to teach at the same time so Spring Break is extended, sort of.  I will give them something to do.

Last night we went to National airport and picked up Jeff and got home just after midnight.  We were out of here just after 9 this morning for Georgetown and Dr. Davidson.  He found nothing to worry about in the CT or PET and did not poke around David's mouth and nose very much because of the bleeding issue and low platelet count.  He and I were chatting about this and David said Go home now.  Go home now.  I told him no I was going to finish talking with Dr. Davidson.  Dr Davidson good David's hand and said David I found nothing on your scans to indicate a return of cancer or anything to worry about.  We made a follow up appointment for next March.  Traffic was bad on the way home and it took about two hours.  The feeding tube leaked so much that I just put David's (washable) jacket over it and we started home.  He was just into the car when he asked for a urinal, at the entrance to the Physician's Office building with lots of people around.  So we got a urinal and I had a big towel to shield the view.  We sealed it into a plastic bag because the urinals are not leak proof.  He used the second urinal on I95.  At home we did a complete change of clothes and feeding tube sponges, everyone had lunch.  Jeff went to Subway for a tuna sub that we split.  Now both Jeff and David are sleeping and I'm about to watch something that I may ask my students to watch when I cancel Monday's class.  I think that I glimpse the light at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment