Sunday, May 22, 2016

Nothing happens in the hospital on Sunday

Nothing new.  David waited all day for an enema, got some prune juice after hours of waiting for that and once the enema was ordered, was able to use the bathroom successfully.  That made him feel much better.  Otherwise it's been a dull day medically.  He had a walk this morning and was asked to stop when his oxygen (with oxygen being administered) dropped below 93.  It happened a lot.  They put him back to bed and did not walk him again today.  His nurse just ordered another nebulizer treatment for the wheezing.  It is very bad.  Albuterol did seem to help last night but the therapist said it could be that he was just recovered from exertion of being up trying to use the bathroom.  Whatever, I just want them to help him.  Than was here most of the afternoon and this evening our friend Nancy was here for a few hours.  He got to talk politics with them and that made him wheeze too.
A side note:  Than & Katya went to Mass at St. Mary's.  I went to Mass at St. Jude's.  Both priests gave the same homily, complete with the same joke.  I guess there is a dioscean sermon generator just like college Profs can get canned PowerPoints with lecture notes!!  It was still a good homily about the importance of relationships and that relationships are the only things that really matter.

Tomorrow I teach until 1:45.  I will ask David to FaceTime me when doctors come and I will interrupt the class for his calls.  It's the best I can do under the circumstances.

We want a diagnosis and  a prognosis.  I hope that it possible.

2 comments:

  1. Also eager to find out what the doctors said today. - Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't a joke about a Venn diagram, was it?

    ReplyDelete