Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Mary Washington Hospital ER

About 2 this afternoon I was happily eating lunch and planning the next couple of semesters of water sampling, David was dizzy, fell, hit his head and couldn't get up.  He was sitting on the floor when I came home looking confused and wanted me to help him get up.  After a lot of maneuvering with the ottoman and coffee table, we got him to the couch.  I took his b.p. Then I called Dr. Clemo.  She came to the phone right away, listened to me and said to call an ambulance to take him to the hospital.  We're in the ER waiting for results from a heat CT and a lot of blood work.  This doctor identified two issues:  damage from the fall and the dizziness that preceded the fall.

The nurse got me stuff to crush his meds and give him his Jevity for this evening.  He has one more pill to take for sure and possibly another one, pending the doctor's decision after the test results are in.  David is in a good mood, clear headed and happily using his Kindle Fire on the hospital's WiFi to read his blogs, podcasts, check the weather and email.  The TV doesn't have MSNBC and that doesn't make him happy.  He's going to miss Rachael and Chris but I've got them being recorded at home.

His head CT showed no change and the blood work showed a little kidney damage that is also unchanged over the last few visits here.  He will be monitored overnight and probably released tomorrow afternoon.  They are admitting him into a room upstairs and once he is comfortable, I will go home.  I will update when there is news.

No comments:

Post a Comment