Tuesday, December 13, 2016

David's pain is gone.  He's been resting, using the oxygen and is totally bored.  I am decorating cookies like crazy and occasionally he will come over to admire them.  We tried to play Scrabble but he could not think of words.  To be fair he had no vowels.  I had no consonants.  I think we will try again this afternoon with a new game and really shake up those tiles.  Tomorrow he has his first PT and then sees our primary care doctor, Dr. Clemo.  If he feels OK after than, we'll swing by the Men's Wearhouse and pick up his suit, blazer and slacks that we bought before Thanksgiving but had to be altered.
His oxygen percent worries me.  The cannula doesn't stay in his nose but slips to his left cheek where he has no feeling.  I adjust it a lot.  He feels around for it and moves it to his nose when he thinks about it.  Low oxygen makes him sleepy.  We'll see what Dr. Clemo recommends.  He has two portable setups.  One is a small tank in a sling/pouch and the other one is a big tank on wheels.  I'm going to ask about getting the small tank refilled OR getting a small compressor like the big one we have in the house from Medicare.  I checked on Amazon and the portable ones go from $400 to several thousand dollars.  We'd need one with a battery with a several hours capacity that can be charged in the car.  With David using the walker, he is not able to negotiate the large tank on wheels too.  Even the small tank is heavy so a battery with the concentrator unit may be similar in weight.  I'd like to go to Ginter Gardens to see their outdoor (walk through) light display and anticipate using his wheelchair so I may be able to rig something for the oxygen tank on that.  We need a minivan to transport all of this stuff!!  I guess we will just take it as it comes.  Yesterday's readings were about patience and generosity so I am practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment